Blest morning, whose first dawning rays
1. Blest morning, whose first dawning rays
Beheld the Son of God
Arise triumphant from the grave,
And leave His dark abode!
2. Wrapt in the silence of the tomb
The great Redeemer lay,
Till the revolving skies had brought
The third, the appointed day.
3. Hell and the grave combined their force
To hold our Lord, in vain;
Sudden the Conqueror arose,
And burst their feeble chain.
4. To Thy great Name, Almighty Lord,
We sacred honours pay,
And loud hosannas shall proclaim
The triumphs of the day.
5. Salvation and immortal praise
To our victorious King!
Let heaven and earth, and rocks and seas,
With glad hosannas ring.
6. To Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
The God whom we adore,
Be glory, as it was, and is,
And shall be evermore.