When all Thy mercies, O my God
1. When all Thy mercies, O my God!
My rising soul surveys,
Transported with the view, Iím lost
In wonder, love, and praise.
2. O how shall words, with equal warmth
The gratitude declare
That glows within my ravished heart!
But Thou canst read it there.
3. Unnumbered comforts to my soul
Thy tender care bestowed,
Before my infant heart conceived
From whom these comforts flowed.
4. When in the slippery paths of youth
With heedless steps I ran,
Thine arm, unseen, conveyed me safe,
And led me up to man.
5. When worn with sickness, oft hast Thou
With health renewed my face;
And, when in sins and sorrows sunk,
Revived my soul with grace.
6. Ten thousand thousand precious gifts
My daily thanks employ;
Nor is the least a cheerful heart,
That tastes those gifts with joy.
7. Through every period of my life
Thy goodness Iíll pursue;
And after death, in distant worlds,
The glorious theme renew.