Abide with me fast falls the eventide
1. Abide with me fast falls the eventide:
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide:
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.
2. Swift to its close ebbe out lifeís little day
Earthís joys grows dim, its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou who changest not, abide
3. I need Thy presence every passing hour;
What but Thy grace can foil the tempterís power?
Who like Thy self my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, O abide with me.
4. I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness;
Where is deathís sting? Where, grave thy victory?
I triumph still if Thou abide with me.
5. Hold, Thou Thy Cross before my closing eyes,
Shine through the gloom, and point me to the skies;
Heavenís morning breaks, and earthís vain shadows flee;
In life and death, O Lord, abide with me.