The King of Love my Shepherd is
1. The King of Love my Shepherd is,
Whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am His
And He is mine for ever.
2. Where streams of living water flow
My ransomed soul He leadeth,
And where the verdant pastures grow
With food celestial feedeth.
3. Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
But yet in love He sought me,
And on His shoulder gently laid,
And home rejoicing brought me.
4. In deathís dark vale I fear no ill,
With Thee, dear Lord, beside me
Thy rod and staff my comfort still
Thy Cross before to guide me.
5. Thou spreadíst a table in my sight;
Thy unction grace bestoweth;
And O what transport of delight,
From Thy pure chalice floweth!
6. And so through all the length of days
Thy goodness faileth never;
Good Shepherd, may I sing Thy praise
Within Thy house for ever!