Praise to our God, whose bounteous hand
1. Praise to our God, whose bounteous hand
Prepared of old our glorious land;
A garden fenced with silver sea;
A people prosperous, strong, and free.
2. Praise to our God; through all our past
His mighty arm hath held us fast;
Till wars and perils, toils and tears,
Have brought the rich and peaceful years.
3. Praise to our God; the vine He set
Within our coasts is fruitful yet;
On many a shore her offshoots grow;
íNeath many a sun her clusters glow.
4. Praise to our God; His power alone
Can keep unmoved our ancient throne,
Sustained by counsels wise and just,
And guarded by a peopleís trust.
5. Praise to our God; through chastenings stern
Our evil dross should thoroughly burn,
His rod and staff, from age to age,
Shall rule and guide His heritage!