On Jordanís bank the Baptistís cry
1. On Jordanís bank the Baptistís cry
Announces that the Lord is nigh;
Come then and hearken, for he brings
Glad tidings from the King of kings.
2. Then cleansed be every breast from sin;
Make straight the way for God within;
Prepare we in our hearts a home,
Where such a mighty Guest may come.
3. For Thou art our salvation, Lord,
Our refuge, and our great reward;
Without Thy grace we waste away,
Like flowers that wither and decay.
4. Stretch forth Thine hand, to heal our sore,
And make us rise to fall no more
Once more upon Thy people shine,
And fill the world with love divine.
5. To Him who left the throne of heaven
To save mankind, all praise be given,
Like praise be to the Father done,
And Holy Spirit, Three in One.